Sunday, March 30, 2008

Who says, "It's like riding a bike??" It wasn't that easy!

What a busy weekend! It was pretty fun though. I started out at the Heart Walk yesterday morning. Got up EARLY on a Saturday and ended up walking in the rain! Oh well...it was a good cause. Lucie went too and was SOAKED by the time we got home. Needless to say we both needed a bath! No...didn't get any pictures. It was too wet and yucky...but here's a few cute ones to make up for it.


Yesterday afternoon I had a fun afternoon at the Beer Fest at the Rural Life Museum. It was fun being outside and listening to the band. Again...no pictures.











Today, I decided I wanted a bike to ride around the LSU lakes. So...went to Target and bought a
bike!! Here's my bike! It was fun riding...my hiney is a little sore...but it was fun!! :-)

I tried to share the experience with Lucie...but that didn't work out so well. I didn't take her to the lakes but I tried in my apartment complex when I got home. I have a harness for her that i can wear...I put her in and went for a ride. It didn't seem all that comfortable but she didn't seem to mind. It was going great until she spotted a squirrel!! She tried to jump right out of the harness while we were moving! It was a bit scary. I have not ridden a bike in years...so I was not too sturdy. We almost both went down...now THAT would have made a pretty picture!

So...hope you all had a fun weekend too! Have a great week!

Here's a fun quiz to take....http://www.positivelymary.com/True-Colors-Personality-Test.html. It is a quiz to determine your personality color. I was a GOLD, which was not too surprising!


8 comments:

Zhohn said...

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend. I haven't ridden a bike in years either. I bet it was cute to see you riding with Lucie!
I took the quiz from Mo's site, I'm gold-like I didn't know that!
Have a great week.
Zhohn

Zhohn said...

I'm back! I just saw that you had left me a comment. If you click on your name from a comment you left someone it will take your "basic" page (I really don't know the exact name), you can see there how many visits you've had. I have a cute little counter from www.easy-hit-counters.com.
Hope that helps.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Jen,

I ran across your blog tonight. I read back through your posts until I got to the first post and I feel the exact same way. I didn't start a blog for a long time. Well, actually I created my blog about a year ago, did nothing with it until recently when the name now has a whole new meaning.

It is hard. Your not married and you do not have children. And in fact I'm older than you. Do we feel this way because of society or do we do this on our own? I'm not sure.

My dog just recently had surgery on his elbow because of a genetic growth problem. It was murder getting him to be still. So difficult that we just had our SECOND surgery because he popped his joint out of the socket without bending the pin they had put in, so they had to go back in. This time he has to leave it wrapped for a month with dressing changes weekly and then 3 months of no running, jumping NOTHING so it can heal. Fun, Fun Fun. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that. It is just very difficult. These dogs just don't understand why all of the sudden they are not able to do the things they used to.

Thanks for being brave enough to put in writing your true feelings! I guess I wasn't.

But I have learned I'd rather be happy by myself than miserable with some of the men I've dated. God has a plan!
Cheryl

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your response!

I have some things to say. It may be best to just send you an email.

But, here is the link to my sister's blog. I did have it on mine, but I must have not put it back on when I redesigned it.

http://grammysjourney.blogspot.com/

Zhohn said...

It's been a while since you've posted, I hope all is well.

Zhohn said...

Thanks for the prayers Jen. It's been a hard few days but we are comforted by our God. We know that He is with us, always. I'm also sorry to hear that you lost a nephew. It has been hard dealing with this loss so I can't imagine the loss of a baby that you have spent so much time with. Selfishly, I just think of all of the things we're going to miss out on. :( Like not even knowing the sex but yet she had names picked out. We will never know our Aylena or Isaac. But I know that everything happens for a reason.
Believing-

Anonymous said...

Go Golds!
There is a great FREE True Colors Personality Test at:
True Colors Test
Check it out!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.