Monday, March 10, 2008

Where do the years go??


I am WAY too young to be saying that!

Today is a very special day for someone very special!! My sweet nephew, Jeremy, turns 18 TODAY!! I remember the day he was born!! As I should...I was 13. Had only been a teenager for 6 days and already an aunt! :-)

He was sooo iddy biddy!! Only 2 lbs and 8 oz. His lungs were not fully developed. His first few days were very scary...we weren't given a lot of uplifting news. After spending 9 weeks in the neonatal in Alex...we brought him home! He was still soo tiny. The premie diapers they bought were too BIG...they had to use surgical masks as diapers!! I'm sure he would appreciate Dee Dee (that's what he has always called me) telling the world about that...but I am just a proud aunt!

Today, he is not TALL by any means...but it does not take much to tower over his 5' 2" aunt. We tease him that some day he will surely grow into those large feet of his. HEE HEE! His sister just got a great dane puppy last week. She was laughing at how he keeps tripping over his own feet...I said, "OH...kinda like your brother!" He is so good humored...he takes it all with a smile!!

Today is a HAPPY day...so I won't divulge details...but he has not had the easiest life and has had MANY obstacles put in his way. But, pushes through each one! I am SOOO PROUD of him. Ok...now, I'm going to cry. But, he just makes us so proud. He has goals set for himself and is dead set on reaching them!! And I know he will!

I really wanted to post before and after pics of him...but, didn't request the baby pictures from my mom early enough. She and my dad are supposed to be working on that project later today...so, maybe I'll have some later today. Until then...here are two recent pics. One with his Dee Dee and one with his sister Kateleen.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY MAN!! I love you bunches and bunches!!!

No comments: