Sunday, September 7, 2008

THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY...

THANK GOD...I will be getting married in TAHOE! FAR FAR AWAY from anything named Gustav and Ike. Going on DAY SIX with NO power or Internet...and I think I'm handling it pretty well! If you ask David...he may tell you different. Considering the damage around town...we are extremely lucky. Except I have no power anywhere. David is out, my apartment is still out and my work is still out. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it is soon...but, we are told at least 5 more days for David. Just in time for...HURRICANE IKE!! I can't wish on anyone else...so, I will just PRAY HARD that it will fizzle out. We have faith, right??

We are sitting in a laundry mat washing much needed towels and soaking up some wireless INTERNET!! WOOHOO! I'm getting my fix for now. I hope everyone else survived as well as we did. We have our home and apartment completely in tacked. David had several large limbs down in his back yard...but, both of his beautiful oak trees survived. My apartment lost two trees, the wooden fence along the back of the apartment (right behind me) and a power pole with a transformer fell on a state troopers car in our complex. But, no one was hurt...that is what is important.

Here are a few pictures for you...
Ok...I'm having trouble posting the pictures. The one with the swing set is David's backyard. There is one of his two girls standing next to the down tree behind his house. The other two of the many trees in David's neighborhood.

No comments: