Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jones Reception...

I am EXHAUSTED...but we had such a fun weekend!! Here's a brief rundown of the weekend and a few pics...then, I am off to bed early!! I need some rest before my interview tomorrow...more on that in a bit!

Ok...so, I arrived in Monroe Friday afternoon...just in time to visit my friends at the CVB where I used to work. I always think of them as my "out of town" moms when I lived there. I miss them so much...so that was a nice visit!



That evening, Brandy's sister and brother-in-law hosted a fajita dinner for family and ME who were just in from out of town. Afterwards, Brandy and I escaped the chaos and treated ourselves to a pedicure! The first one I've allowed myself to indulge in this summer...so, that was a nice treat!



Saturday was a long and busy day preparing for the reception. I'm not much on the creative side...but, I take orders well! The reception was beautiful and LOTS OF FUN! Brandy's 3 year old daughter, Larra, entertained us all on the dance floor ALL night! Man, to have that girls energy and DANCE MOVES! She is precious! The reception was held at Aubrey Hall in Monroe. LOTS of dancing and a few drinks later...the limo picked us up and took the bride and groom and 9 of us friends from out of town to Chris' parents house boat. GORGEOUS! We slept on the houseboat and woke up to a brunch cruise on the River with the rest of the family. It was a wonderful weekend and I am so very happy for Chris and Brandy. They are such a sweet couple!


Now to brag a bit. My honey didn't make the trip. He was supposed to come but at the last minute realized he had one last opportunity to qualify for the City Amateur Golf Tournament next month. So, he stayed in Baton Rouge to play. So, I told him if he was going to skip out on being my date for the weekend...he better at least play well! SOO...he just went ahead and placed FIRST with a score of 69! For those of you do not know golf...that is really good! And he even made the headline in The Advocate today!! Here's a link for your reading pleasure! http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/25949434.html


Job Hunt: Now, I am on a job hunt! For my one co-worker who reads my blog...SHHH! :-) I have a few opportunities that I am looking into right now. I just want to see what is out there and what might be a good fit for me. I'm not necessarily looking to make an immediate move...I definitely want to take my time and make the right decision!


Ok...Lucie and I are pooped! She spent the weekend with her mawmaw and pawpaw. She LOVES visiting them because it is out in the country and she can just run free without a leash! So...we are off to get our beauty rest!! NITE!


Soo...wish me luck!

5 comments:

Zhohn said...

Hey! Glad you had a great weekend. Way to go to your fiance. I know NOTHING about golf but sounds like he did really well.

I'm not sure what's going on with blogger... I blogged yesterday, then today when I realized it wasn't posted, I blogged again and it's not there either! UGH! I'm doing great.
Good luck with your job hunt. I hope you find a great one!

mamaof3girls said...

INTERVIEW!!!!DETAILS!!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

So how did the interview go?

Cathy said...

Oh look! I think I know Brandy. Well, I don't, but my husband does. How do you know her? Remind me when you lived in Monroe???

Jenn_N_Luc said...

Hi Cathy! Brandy and I were friends while at ULM. We were both business majors. I lived in Monroe from 1995 to 2002. NO...I was not in college that entire time! :-) I worked there for a few years after graduating.
Welcome to my blog!