Saturday, July 12, 2008

News, News and MORE News...

OK...it has been quite a while since I've written here and it has been a BUSY summer!!

I've been working part time at Victoria's Secret in addition to my full time job. Being that I was averaging about a half day off a week...I don't call that part time! WHEW!! I'm glad that is over. I was going to work until the end of July...but, after taking two weeks off, I guess they thought I quit. So, oh well! Now, I can just enjoy the rest of my summer!

Now for the BIG NEWS!!! David and I are getting married!!!! We've been engaged about 3 weeks. We are SOO very happy and very excited. We are getting married on September 28 in Lake Tahoe! We couldn't be happier and his girls are very excited too!! Oops...sorry, was going to post a picture of the ring...but it must be on my computer at work. I'll post it later.



Ok...what's next?? I spent a week in Boston for work. But, we managed to find some time for fun. This picture was at the Florentine Cafe where the guy running the conference had an open tab! It was a great conference! :-) We also got to see the Red Sox and Diamondbacks play at Fenway Park! Red Sox came from behind with a score of 4-1 and beat the Diamondbacks 5-4! Awesome game!




I came home from Bostin and left a few days later to go to Austin to visit David's parents. We had a very good time. David's nieces from Los Angeles were there and are the same ages as David's girls. They get along soo good so they had a great time! Here is a picture of three of the four. My soon-to-be step daughters are the two on the ends...Sarie is on the left, she is 8, and Emelie is on the right, she is 12 and TALLER and me...which doesn't take too much. The other picture is of all 4 girls being sprayed with water guns at the 4th of July parade in the little town where his parents live. We had big fun. David and I were able to get away by ourselves for dinner and visited a winery near his parents house.




Ok...next news...Lucie just turned 4 years old!! She's such a BIG girl! :-)
This is her birthday cake I made for her. Yep...I did! And she LOVED it! :-) And even shared it with David's two dogs while the rest of us celebrated with cup cakes! :-)



Now, I get to finish enjoying the rest of my summer. It's going to be busy. One friend having a baby in the next month or so...one getting married next week in Costa Rica so we will be in Monroe in a few weeks for her reception...another friend getting married in August and ME AND DAVID in September!! Busy months ahead! Hope you are all enjoying your summer. I HAVE to leave you with a video of what a GENIUS my Lucie is. Please ignore my annoying voice...I can't possibly really sound like that, right?? Ok...hope this works!!


7 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Jenn, you are a freak! You TAUGHT your dog to play pretty eyes. that is GOOD, girl!

I can only imagine what your babies will be doing!

I was the same way with my dogs.. especially my lab, Coach.

Mo

Jenn_N_Luc said...

HA! I am a freak! I'm aware...but, she is a GENIUS!! :-)

Zhohn said...

It's been a while! Glad you posted.
CONGRATS on your engagement. Have fun this summer.
Happy Birthday Lucie!

mamaof3girls said...

Woo Hoo!! Are y'all going to have a reception for us all to congratulate you??!!

mamaof3girls said...

I love the fact that you are giving her a sucker! You so funny!

RADstitches said...

I found you via MOJOY.. ok I can't wait until tomorrow to show my 4 year old that video... But the mother comes out in me cause I first thought... THAT DOG iS GOING TO CHOKE! LOL

Jenn_N_Luc said...

HA!! Welcome Radstitches, to my blog! Yes, I know. But, as soon as the camera was turned off...you will be happy to know that I immediately took the sucker from her and it went in the garbage. She only gets a few licks, here and there. That was the most she has ever been allowed...but, I had to have a bribe to get her on video showing us her eyes. Usually she'll do with little prompting...but as soon as the camera comes on!! Well...I guess she's a little camera shy! HA! Hope your 4 year old LOVES it! :-)