Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lucie has a new Leg!!

I FINALLY heard back from the vet. Lucie went through surgery fine and had woken up and was doing well. She was napping when I talked to them. I hope to bring her home tomorrow!!

Actually, while I am typing her Dr. called with his update. Basically saying the same thing. He did exactly what he said he needed to do. They made the "groove" deeper so that the knee cap will sit further in and will not slip out as easy. They also tightened the tendons to keep it in place. He said she shouldn't have any more problems with that knee. (Of course, I'm thinking she better not!!) He said Lucie was awake and looking around. (Probably feeling pretty good with all the "drugs" she is on.) She will spend the night in their ICU and will be watched all night. He didn't foresee anything that would keep us from bringing her home tomorrow evening!

Thanks to those who are checking in...
Still sick....going back to bed. :-(

2 comments:

mamaof3girls said...

Something must be going aroun! I got sick last week (well, you saw me at retreat!) It got worse Saturday but I was back to snuff yesterday, so there is hope!

Glad to hear your baby is better.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Jen

So happy Lucie is doing well. She'll be ready to go before you know it. Probably sooner than she should, if she's like Ripley.

Hope you get to feeling better as well. You probably will as soon as Lucie gets home also.

Take care!
Cheryl