Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Still Here!!

Has it really been 3 months?? I'm not so sure anyone is still checking in. Can't blame you...but, I'm back and ready to update!

Well...I've been married ALMOST six months! We are very happy and still trying to get used to all of the madness. Lucie and I had gotten used to our quiet time alone at night. Well, now there is David and me; two girls and three dogs!! It's madness here! But, I love every minute of it!

I think I last posted that we were house hunting. We have put that idea aside and we are just working on updating this house. It's a SLOW process. I am NOT good at picking out paint colors, so my dining room is currently has primer on it and has for about 2 months. :-) SOON...I will have color on that wall again.

Lucie is adjusting, well...she's TRYING. Sort of. She's EXTREMELY jealous of Daisy and we are not allowed to show any affection towards Daisy or Lucie goes NUTS! However, they do like to team up with one another when it comes to barking! In fact, yesterday (keep in mind that I am SICK) the mail lady comes into the yard. I had just gotten home and David had left to pick up the girls from school. I was standing by the door with the door open. Daisey CHARGED at the mail lady with Lucie following right behind. So, the mail lady is RUNNING down the street, the dogs are charging behind her and I am running behind the entire crowd screaming for the dogs! I felt so horrible for the mail lady...but, it was a little funny later. Of course, I knew that they would NEVER bite...but, she didn't know that. Bless her heart. I'm sure she resigned before finishing her route.

Here's a funny! I'm taking a pilates class that is actually intended for women who have had children! It is an 8 weeks class (one night a week). The instructor and I discussed my back pain issues and we both thought I would really benefit from this class. So, I'm two weeks in...I'm really hoping (more than having flat abs!) that this will eliminate or at least reduce some of the back pain I have had since college!

Also new with me...I am joining Junior League here in Baton Rouge. I'm actually really excited about it. I think it will be something fun to do, get me involved in new things...and will hopefully also help me come out of my shell a little. I can very much be an introvert. :-) So...I think this is going to be a good thing for me.

I also did FINALLY pick out furniture...did I mention that already?? Sorry...I've been home sick today and have worked on this update in between naps. So...I forget what I have mentioned. Anyway...I'm going to take some pictures and post for you. I'll also post later about our St. Patrick's Day Party. Not many pictures...but, I'll post a few later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Jen! You're the only person who is worse about blogging than I am, so if you start updating regularly, we'll have problems... :)

Zhohn said...

So glad you are back! I'm glad you and Lucie are adjusting. lol
Can't wait to see pics of the new furniture.

Keep us updated!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Jenn. When you come north for Shake 4 Jake. I need to show you some new things I am teaching my back patients. It is really working!

Oh... I am back. MoJoy! Go see. Melanie