Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eventful Week...

Going to the beach in...hold on while I count...10 days!! I LOVE Navarre Beach in Florida. It is so beautiful. It is one of my FAVORITE places...well, now that I've met David. David grew up going to Navarre at least twice a year. His aunt and uncle have a house there. He also has a good friend whose parents have two condos there. So...it's always a fun trip. I went for the first time after David and I met over two years ago. And, at this point, I've already lost count of how many times we've been. It's just OUR place! :-)






Here are some pictures from our first trip two years ago. Don't ask what is going on with my hair...not the most flattering picture. :-)


So...once we get back from our Easter trip to Navarre...we will be heading to my parents for the next weekend. My parents both have birthdays in April (April 15 and April 17). My dad is going to be SIXTY! So...we are giving him a SURPRISE birthday dinner!! He will be THRILLED! If you knew my dad at all...you would sense every bit of sarcasm that was intended! :-) Well...this was the only way he would let us actually celebrate his birthday. Just don't tell him! So...my mom and I are hosting. I decided to not do the typical black balloons and over the hill stuff. It's a PARTY! :-) So, I'm doing a 50's theme. And Mo...if you are reading...I LOVED your diner from Alphafest and scoped it all out to find some ideas! I'm also putting together a CD of 50's music...hope the two baptist preachers there don't mind! :-) I'll be sure and post pictures as soon as we have them.


And now for the highlight of my week. I was in a wreck last Thursday. My poor poor car. Only 1 and a half years old. My FIRST EVER BRAND NEW CAR!! So, the girl attempted to make an illegal left hand turn, didn't bother checking the turning lane that I was in and smashed into the passenger side of my car. Long story short...the girl stopped briefly and was quite insistant that she get back to work and just wanted to exchange numbers. While she WAS wearing scrubs...I'm pretty sure she was not rushing back for brain surgery!! Anyway...she left the scene and finally returned about an hour later with her mother and another man. By then my stress level was maxed out, I had given the policeman my statement and tow truck my car! I also had and ANGEL who saw the entire thing, stayed with me and PRAYED with me until I left. The policeman said I could go and he would deal with her. So, I'm still waiting on the police report to see how he "dealt with her." As of yesterday, the damage was up to $8,400. He said he was only $3,000 away from it being a total loss. He still hadn't figured the airbags inside and the damage underneath. Anyway...being that my car is only a year and a half old...I'm not sure which way I won't that to go. So...I just pray God takes care of it and I know he will. The IMPORTANT thing is...I am NOT hurt and neither was she. As my dad said...a car can be fixed. So...I will leave you with a few pictures of my car...and I am off to bed!


















10 comments:

RADstitches said...

Have fun at the beach. .WITHOUT ME!? What's up with no invite! You got a lot of nervce sista! J/K OUCH on the car! Happy Easter!

Andrea said...

The beach! Ohhh, I'm jealous! :) We just got ride of most of our snow...so we won't get to have any beach trips for at least 2 more months probably. Hope you have fun though!

a_manda said...

Hope your trip was good. What's the latest on the car situation?

I have to send you a picture of Clare from an egg hunt....she's sitting on a plastic decoration egg and it looks like she's just laid it.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Love your new look. Sounds like all is well!

Sorry to hear about your wreck. Not fun!

Cheryl

Zhohn said...

I'm sure you are back by now! How are you and Lucy, and David???

Hope you are staying cool, it has been HOT!!!

Zhohn said...

ok Jenn! It's time for an update!!!

Zhohn said...

HEY JEN!!! I was so excited to see you left a comment, I've been looking for you!

I'm sorry to hear that your year was similar to mine! My word really should be excuses, to have no more excuses! I blame everything on something or someone when I just need to accept what happens and move FORWARD!

Praying that we both have a wonderful year and that HIS Will be done in our lives!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=symantec endpoint protection ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Zhohn said...

Hey Jen! Just dropping by to say hello and hope all is well!

Hope you're enjoying this wonderful weather as much as I am.

Zhohn said...

Hey Jen!!! I see neither of us have been updating! How has married life been? How is Lucy?
Things have been great, nothing extravagant but just enjoying life. Leaving Friday for Disney World, so excited!
Yes on May 3rd it was cold and this weekend it is HOT!
Have a great summer!!!