Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Work??

Yes...I am at work. And, Yes, I should be working!! I KNOW...oh well. I need a break...at 8:37 in the morning. :-)

The countdown is getting closer...not sure the exact number of days, but it is just over 6 weeks now until our WEDDING IN TAHOE!! :-) Have I mentioned how happy I am?? OK...in case not...I AM SO VERY HAPPY! I am reminded daily what a great guy I have. His daughters and I had a fun day school clothes shopping on Saturday. They go to private school and wear uniforms but can wear any (almost any) bottoms they want. I was surprised at how relaxed they are about this. So, anyway...the three of us spent the entire day shopping while dad played in a golf tournament. (He won 3 of the 4 matches, by the way!) But, still came in 11th place. :-( Oh well...there is always next year.

Hmm...what else?? Oh interviews. OK...so, I know you all will think I am the most indecisive person alive. But, I really think this process was important. It made me realize that YES, I can go somewhere else and make more money, maybe not do exactly what I want (as far as duties go) and probably would have frustrations there too. (All jobs have them, right?) OR, I can stay here...have FAITH that things will get better (and they have improved), make a little less money...but, do a job I LOVE with co-workers and a boss that I LOVE! So...I searched and have realized that I just need to stay right where I am for now. When and if the time is ever right...God will give me a peace about it. Right now...it feels right to stay right where I am. I did get a second interview with one of the interviews. It was supposed to be yesterday and I called and cancelled. It was a new position that basically had one duty. I just can't imagine that this would have kept me busy? Plus, I would have only been using ONE of the skills I have been working on since college. I just didn't feel this was the right fit for me. SOO...Amanda, you haven't gotten rid of me yet! :-)

Now, I am on to a crafty project. I started this....FIVE years ago. Yes, I'm so ashamed. After my grandmother died, we found her recipe box that was STUFFED with recipes that she had jotted down on scratch pieces paper. I thought it would be nice to have all of these recipes in a recipe book. BUT...I didn't want just the recipes...I wanted them in HER handwriting. Some are hard to read and some have misspellings...but, they were from HER. (I SOO MISS HER!) Anyway, the only type of publication program I had on my home computer at the time was publisher. So, that's what I had to do it in. (As someone who does graphic design type work- no, I'm not really a graphic designer, I just do layout for publications - anyway, I HATE this program.) So...when I got a divorce, I had him put all of my documents on disk for me. Until this weekend, I haven't even been able to OPEN it. I thought maybe because the document is so large? Anyway...now that I have it back open...I am DETERMINED to finish this project for my mom by Christmas. HERE IS WHERE I COULD USE HELP! Does anyone know of a better (preferably FREE) program that is good for publications? Also, does anyone have any thoughts on where I could have this printed? I've been looking around and it looks like it will be around $500 for about 20 copies. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions...they would be greatly appreciated!!

Ok...going back to work now. Say a little prayer for David. He is flying out New Orleans (in the next 10 minutes) to go visit two of his clients in Minnesota. Pray for a safe and easy trip. OH...(a little selfish) pray that he can change his flight and be home earlier on Saturday for our friends Kasey and Trey's wedding!

Hope you are all having a great week!

5 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hey Jen,

Have you checked with blurb.com to see how much they charge and their set up?

Cheryl

Jenn_N_Luc said...

I had never heard of blurb? I'll check it out.

THanks!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey, Jenn...
Yeah, Todd is really awesome! I wish he would do something with his golf game! (tour-ish) There are some young bucks around here (who Todd beats regularly) who are trying to get on some of the mini tours. I don't broadcast this, but Todd doesn't work. He really just can't find something he loves, and financially, well, I can handle things! So, I WISH he would "GO FOR IT!". Thanks for being maybe the only one who reads my blog who "gets" golf! Melanie

RADstitches said...

I went and got Dalton's cake this morning and have been back home since 9. ALL I have heard is... Mama I'm gonna eat 3 pieces and that monkey on top.. mama how many more minutes until my party.. mama I sure do love my cake.. Mama this and mama that!! At least she is excited! LOL

Hey, I have relative in Denham Spring!!!! Actually, my cousin and his wife own a kids clothing store there Kiddorable and then my Uncle has a barge business there too!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey, Jenn... yet another thing that I will NOT post publicly... I MET TODD at the Honky Tonk. If anyone asks, I tell them we met in Sunday School. Don't tell my secret! Melanie